home agenda accommodation (required) reading attendees
Location: SDSC, Room 279. This is accessable from the outside, near
ridge walk (at the top of the hill). Or, from reception, go up one floor
and to the end of the 200 corredor (and out).
Original charge & rough agenda still available.
- 08:00-08:30 continental breakfast (provided)
- 08:30-08:45 Welcome (and Agenda Bashing)
- Discuss Scope: diagnostic performance measurement architectures, comparison with "grid"/"middleware".
- Discuss Outcomes: report, architecture components & interfaces, map of existing projects and research areas. (preliminary, we will revist at the end of the day).
- 08:45-09:25 A top-down view
Short presentations on proposed architectures:
- 09:25-09:45 A bottom-up view: finding commonality in existing projects I
Short 10 minute presentations from implementors on existing projects
- CalNGI/NPACI/... -- Kevin Walsh
- UWashington - Ville Aikas [no presentation]
- 09:45-10:30 break
- 10:30-12:15 A bottom-up view: finding commonality in existing projects II
- 12:15-13:15 lunch (provided)
- 13:15-14:30 Common themes in projects
Identify common blocks in projects - look for common "tools in our kit".
- 14:30-15:00 break
- 15:00-16:30 Revisit top-down
- Use cases -- explore different views of the problem
- Do these demand different architectures / sets of tools
- Common Themes
Slide Margaret Murray showed about web portals.
Wisconsin Advanced Internet Lab (WAIL)Measurement Activities (Slides from Barford)
- 16:30-17:00 Revisit outcomes, summarize day
- 17:00+ finish, dinner on your own
This is fuzzier, and is subject to change based on Day 1 progress.
- 08:00-08:30 breakfast
- 08:30-08:45 Review progress, Reset today's agenda
- 08:45-09:45 Discussions I
Open Research Areas
- security and privacy issues -- what's the model
- resource discovery
- others from first day's discussion
- 09:45-10:30 break
- 10:30-12:15 Discussions II
- Relationships to other groups: Standards, Grid, Middleware, Security
- Standard Interfaces
- Important Schemas, metadata
- Infrastructure Support
- 12:15-13:15 lunch
- 13:15-15:30 Wrap up discussion and moving forward
- Architecture summary
- Discuss how to produce outcomes
- Next steps
This material is based in part on work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. ANI-0314723. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Last update: 10-Dec-2003, Matt Zekauskas